Monday 9 November 2009

Target Audience and BBFC Rating

BBFC Rating.

Due to the slightly more sinister content (canilbalism) I have decided that my film should have a BBFC rating of 15. I think that anyone under this age may find the content distressing and disturbing.

According the the BBFC classifcation system, a 15 rating must conform to the following criteria :
Horror
Strong threat and menace are permitted unless sadistic or sexualised.
Imitable Behaviour
Dangerous behaviour (for example, hanging, suicide and self-harming) should not dwell on detail which could be copied. Easily accessible weapons should not be glamorised.
Theme
No theme is prohibited, provided the treatment is appropriate for 15 year olds.
Violence
Violence may be strong but should not dwell on the infliction of pain or injury. The strongest gory images are unlikely to be acceptable. Strong sadistic or sexualised violence is also unlikely to be acceptable. There may be detailed verbal references to sexual violence but any portrayal of sexual violence must be discreet and have a strong contextual justification.

There are other criteria for 15 rated films to meet, but I don't believe that I will have any trouble sticking to them. The above points are relevant to my film and I will have to take them into account in order to be able to use this classification.




Target Audience.

As my BBFC rating is 15, my target audience will be from 15 - 25. I think that the narrative is interesting to all ages, being something that doesn't often come up. The younger end of the audience will be able to relate the the characters, being of a similar age.


No comments:

Post a Comment